Shanna & Co. always is looking for parents who are available during school hours to help on picture days. There are often stay-at-home mom's that will come and volunteer, and in return receives FREE pictures of their child(ren). It is a win-win for us all! Plus, it is a special bonus for your kiddos when their class comes to be photographed and they see YOU are helping take their picture! If this interests you, read on.
We need people who:
- are parents/grandparents of children at a school we photograph
- are energetic with a positive attitude and smiling
- are patient with children and LOVES hugs
- are willing to answer LOTS of questions about random things
- are able to be on their feet for long periods of time
- can work about three hours without having a break, except bathroom
- are willing to fix hair and wipe faces/tidy up clothing
- can be on time and will show up on picture day
- are good at remembering details
- can work well under pressure
- have reliable transportation
- easily communicate with younger children
- can simply help manage the crowd
If you feel you are someone like this, and you are able to work between 8am and noon on a weekday, then fill out the form below and apply.
You may be asked to work 2-4 picture days in the fall, and 1-3 picture days in the spring. Typically we will start between 8-8:30am and will be done by around 11am, sometimes sooner.
We would love to give everyone a chance, though often times we do not need that many people at once. We try to get 2-3 people per picture day for helpers. We will contact you by email if we need your help for a picture day. We will try to utilize you on a day your own child is being photographed.
Sometimes after the first picture day, one will feel it is not for them and do not want to do more days. Or, we may feel they are not a good fit for us after working a picture day together. That's okay! We still give your free pictures for the time you helped. This is not a permanent position by any means, just a way to get your pictures paid for by you volunteering a few hours of your time.
Are you STILL interested? Great! Fill out and submit the form below, and let's get the ball rolling.
*Please note* Approved applicants will be presented to the principal of the building(s) the applicant will be in. Once approved by the principal, you will be notified by email with dates requesting help. You can choose any number of dates listed, as long as you are committed to that date and will give at least 48 hours notice if you are unable to help on a day you agreed to. This is a volunteer position through Shanna & Co., not a school position. Please do not contact the school regarding applying for a helper position.